Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Bentley says 25 ft lb / 34 nm --- same as M

A technique BMW requires on some nuts - torque to spec, then add'l turn to specified degrees. Electronic torque wrenche is ideal for this - HERE's what I use.
Thanks. Good to know about the torque specs.

Holy smokes, that's a $600 torque wrench! Wow. I've got a plain old click type.

PS Have you heard of people getting theirs calibrated every x years, by the way? Just curious. I use mine to change two sets of tires twice a year, and have had it for like 5 years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctoRx View Post
My stock strut brace was kept in during the install, we undid the bolt in OP's photo and that was enough to get access. I did the strut braces the very next day and didn't have time to test difference. General consensus I've heard is the $$$ to improvement ratio doesn't justify the change unless you've done other suspension mods as well (M3 bits, sway bars etc).
I need to change my KW V2 settings, and I can't see how I could change the front ones without removing the strut brace first. I've got an E93, and I had the M3 control arms in the front and KW V2's installed this past weekend. That's all I have for now. No sways.

I'm debating whether to A) get a strut brace too, and B) if I am, to pony up the big bucks for the M3 one, or just get a two point one like the Active Autowerke for $250 which might be just as good, since it keeps the OEM one too.

@CALWATERBOY - any thoughts on my brace dilemma? The shop who installed it (they don't do too many BMW's) said to just leave things as is, and not bother getting a strut brace, but since you've got an E93 too, I thought I'd ask you as I trust you more.
Appreciate 0