Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

jesse james sets hydrogen car speed record

Quote:
Filed under: Motorsports, Green, Celebrities

Earlier this month, we caught wind of Jesse James' plan to set a new land-speed record in a hydrogen-powered vehicle. According to a press release issued by Spike TV, the daredevil motorcycle enthusiast was successful in his quest, hitting a top speed of 199.7 miles per hour on a run the El Mirage dry lake bed in the Mojave Desert in California.

Though ultimately successful, the run didn't go off without a hitch. Apparently, the car needed three passes before the crew was able to keep enough blowing dust out of the cockpit and feed enough air into the monster 740-hp hydrogen-fueled 572 cubic-inch Chevrolet V8 engine.

The previous mark for a hydrogen-burning car was set by BMW in Germany a few years back with its H2H race car. James seems pleased with his accomplishment, saying, "This, I honestly believe, is world-changing. We can't rely on gasoline forever. I'm paying it forward."

Want to see the whole thing go down? Tune in to Spike TV to watch Jesse James is a Dead Man on Sunday, August 9th at 10 pm Eastern. Spoiler Alert: Jesse James does not die in this episode.Continue reading Jesse James successfully sets new hydrogen land-speed record

Jesse James successfully sets new hydrogen land-speed record originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:25:00 EST.
740hp car that has water for exhaust...have to say i kinda do want!
Appreciate 0