View Single Post
      11-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #50
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Actually the vibe I get from the reviews is how easy the car is to drive. The chassis handles the hp very well. Randy Pobst said, "The power felt great. Honestly, I want another hundred more. It's stable enough. You don't feel threatened." Granted Randy is a very accomplished racer. But Chris Lago echoed similar thoughts about how composed the new Z06 is.
True, so far the reviews are very encouraging. What I tried to say is that at my level of track driving, for example, if I loose the rear end unintentionally it matters what speed I am travelling. Just have more time to think and collect the car if I am not going crazy fast.
When I learned to correct the M3 and eventually keep it in a drift (took me more than a few hours to learn) I felt safe, had enough run off etc. never felt I am doing something dangerous. When I tried to do the same thing with the RS (have to admit, cannot really keep it in a drift like the M3) I always felt scared, mainly because everything happened 10-15mph faster. Last time I span the RS so violently and so sudden, I cant even tell what happened and what do I need to do differently. I lost the car on the exit of turn 4 leading to the return straight at 100-105mph, The car did 2,5 full turns and was skipping on the grass like a stone on water. Had enough time in the car to think about impact, my stupidity etc. (even gut a dead fish!! in the car!!! through the open window.) No impact just sheared brake cooling ducts and bruised ego. But if that would have happened at 10-20mph faster I don't know.. Just saying. And you can have all the hooliganism with the M3 or and MX-5 all days for less money and still having fun.
I guess I you do not want to drive them at the limit on track - like most of the Viper guys here - then the high limits are great and you can be the fastest guy in your group. For me, I like to exploit the limits of the car then try to improve on the car or on myself. More fun to drive a slower car as fast as it can go than a very fast car at 80%.
Appreciate 0