10-21-2014, 02:20 AM   #58
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
LOL.

Getting old is all I want in my life. I've had all the good stages in between, now I just want to be happy as always. Getting older is giving up on somethings, but also getting wise enough not to need them anymore. I've had kids, so body will never be the same, I've been through the doubt my son is not going to be a kid, but more of a veggie, I've buried the one man who loved me with all my faults (dad) and I've seen myself through it all.

Being old, it's not age, it is being wise enough to understand that the things we've seen alters us. It's also the feeling of completely giving up on expectations, and just being so damn happy.

Do as I did, get yourself a midlife crises early, and just see what you are made of.
God, Lups.. don't make me face my problems, ok? Let me hide for a bit longer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Yeah, we laugh, but you know you're getting old when you finally accept that you're no longer in that game and haven't been for years. Decades, even. I'm one step from the pinnacle of what my career will be and I *still* feel like I'm not sure what I'll be when I grow up. Mentally I feel as young as ever. It's just this old bag of bones that's betraying me more each year. It's a very old saying, but if I *only* knew back in my 20's what I know now. And not just about love and sex, but about money and self control and critical thinking. When I think of all the stupid things I did and the opportunities I missed....Gawd.

I mean I just discovered single malt Scotch this year. WTF took me so long?
There are young men, and wise men.. but no young wise men.

I feel every second slipping by like a needle in my spine now.. thanks guys.

Old man moment - start giving young cashiers/servers attitude for bad service and feel like I have a seniority 'right' to do so.. and they don't make casual talk with me anymore - generation gap
Appreciate 0