View Single Post
      03-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
CptThunderButt
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Help with speeding ticket

I really need help/advice with this speeding ticket.

Here's the story:

Leaving my friend's house, on the way home on a 60 mph road. I was doing 80 when suddenly a officer spots me and pulls me over. When he walks to my window he asks me the required "Do you know why I stopped you?" routine and I stupidly admit that I was speeding ( this being my first time being pulled over I did not know that I would be better if you stay quiet and tell him "No officer! What did I do wrong?" ). He then proceeds to take my drivers license and asks for my insurance as he's looking over my license. When I reach for the glove box he then tells me ( if I remember correctly ) that he doesn't need the insurance because of some reason with my license so I end up not showing it to him.

He came back with a ticket, which I had to sign. You can see my ticket down below, as you can see I got a violation for speeding and a warning for financial responibility.

So my question to you guys is, is there any way out of it? I've seen many people get out of them many times before on here. I have done some researching and so far decided that my best option would be to go to the court and ask for 'deferred ajudification', which means I may or may not have to pay the ticket, but if I don't get another one within 6 months then it will stay off of my record or take a driving course. That will be my solution unless you guys can help me get completely out of it. I really just want to leave the court room with this off my record, so it doesn't raise my insurance and no added points on my dmv record.

I've never been pulled over/ticketed before this, or had any accidents so my record is completely clean.

Thanks for the help guys.
Appreciate 0