View Single Post
      09-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #11
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkM3 View Post
definitely into sushi but there is a koi literally down the block from my office in manhattan. i would rather try something different if possible.
If you need restaurant suggestions, I can give you some.

If your going to take a drive on PCH. Make sure to plan a meal at Nobu on Malibu. Food is good but the atmosphere is awesome. Ask to be seated outside.
Bestia in downtown is excellent.
Chi Spacca is awesome if you want meatcentric food.
Trois Mec is very nice.
Alma is nice.
Urasawa if you love sushi and want truly unique Sushi experience. It's gonna cost you though. For me personally, one of the best sushi/japanese food in the world. I've been to more than 5 michelin 3star Sushi places and many 2's and 1's. Urasawa is at least on par with all the 3 stars. Short of going to Japan and learning to speak Japanese, best Sushi experience.
If you want more value for $ for Sushi, I would suggest Sushi Zo in culver/Cheviot Hill. Sushi Q, Sugar Fish.
Animal is very nice.
One of the most unique LA thing is Korea Town. So if you like Korean BBQ check out Baek Jeong.
If you are visiting Venice, check out Abbot Kinney street pretty fun shopping street.
In Venice, you should check out Gjelnia, or Tasting Kitchen on Abbot Kinney, or Superba food and bread on Lincoln blvd.
Other restaurants I would suggest are...
AOC, Baco Mercat, Republique, Father's Office, Hinoki and the bird, ink, Bazzar, Orsa and Winston...

Last edited by leJUNd; 09-17-2014 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0