07-16-2015, 11:59 AM   #1939
Ozzie335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehe126 View Post
So you dont have a BEF or JB4? You are leaving a lot of power on the table.
Actually I am not leaving anything on the table that I want, or need, right now. While the JB4 can jack up the boost, I am currently happy with 15 psi. Darkhold has already agreed with what I believed the results are, probably 410 or so. With the Dinan Stage 3 tune it pulls right up to red line. People here trash the Dinan, saying that it dies out at 5 k. They are confusing the Stage 2 with that. DarkKnight can concur. I now have a very fast bimmer. Is there power left on the table? Yes, but I can have my broken down CPO car towed by roadside assistance to any BMW dealer at any time, with no CPO concerns. Who here with a modded CPO 335 can say that?

In a year or so I may want a bit more. At that point I may get a JB4, an ****** CEL free charge pipe, and add 3 more psi to bring her a bit higher. 460? As far as e85 and meth, that would be wild, but not for me. Yet! At 20 psi these cars must scream. At 23 + I would not drive, or even be in one without a helmet. I'd expect those cars to be close to high 10s. That's scary fast to me. And would most likely require suspension mods that would make a beautiful riding car end up having a firmer, less comfortable ride. No longer a BMW to me.

With each 1 psi I estimate you'll see about a 20 hp gain, however the supporting mods are put together. If I had a downpipe I guestimate that I'd be at about 430, which lines up with the 530 numbers at 20 psi. The mentioned 630 hp with direct port injection e85 will probably be 25 psi. Maybe Jesse or Darkhold can confirm my assertion.

Anybody that is on the fence of getting Stage 2 vs Stage 1, go with Stage 2. The money you will not be spending by ending up doing the second install a year from now will be applied towards the cost of the costlier stage 2. So you aren't FBO. Even with a tune and a charge pipe this thing will work fine, so put those concerns to rest. Then you can later do the downpipe, further increase the boost, and really see your ride scream.

My car now runs smoother, and a slight hesitation I used to have when taking off from a stop sign is now gone. As long as I stay out of it, which is impossible, I am getting better gas mileage. I say that since when driving at 80 on the highway my miles to empty is like 30 or 40 miles higher than it was on stage 1. Maybe Jesse can comment on these possible side benefits. All in all if you intend on making your 335 faster, heck, as fast as you care to ever go, this product should be up on your list, right next to a charge pipe and a basic tune. You can then grow the power as you go on, and your sensitivity to CPO concerns fade. The only thing you'll look back at is the mouthy N54 guys with FBO in your rear view mirror.
Appreciate 0