View Single Post
      11-28-2014, 12:22 AM   #123
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Well, the Seahawks just revealed tonight just how weak SF is offensively and just about nailed the coffin shut on the Niners' chances of making the playoffs this year -- not that getting into the playoffs would do them any good.

Kap couldn't find a receiver to save his life. He consistently overthrew his receivers and, in fact, threw 2 INTs directly to Sherman as though HE was the intended receiver. Kap was 16 of 29 for 121 yards, which sounds better than he actually did because 4 of those receptions and 31 of those yards were completed in the final meaningless possession w/only 1:43 left in the game. The Niners had a total of net offense of ONLY 164 yards: 100 passing and 64 running. Kap was also sacked 4 times for a negative 21 yards and had a quarterback rating of 36.7.

On the other hand, the Seahawks had a total of 379 yards of offense: 222 passing and 157 rushing. Marshawn Lynch had 104 yards rushing, which was more yards than the Niners offense made passing and more yards than Gore (28), Hyde (19) and Kap (17) rushed for combined.

The Niners defense did a pretty good job of holding the Hawks to only 1 TD and a had a couple of nice 4 down stops BUT they had to concede 4 FGs largely because they could do almost nothing to stop Lynch from running and Wilson from passing far enough to get w/in FG range. It was amazing how slippery Wilson was and it was almost comical watching the Niners try to tackle him on broken plays in the backfield. Credit to Wilson for that. He was clearly the better QB today.

There are only 4 games left in the season. The Niners at 7-5 will need to win the last 4 games to have any chance to make the playoffs but they have to play the Hawks and Cards in 2 of those games. Given how they played tonight, they have very little chance to beat the Hawks at home. They'll probably beat the Raiders but it's a toss up as far as the Cards (who lost Palmer) and the Chargers are concerned. So, the best the Niners can expect to end up is probably 10-6 which probably will NOT be enough cinch a wildcard slot this year and if they go to 9-7 or 8-8 (which is more likely), they'll have no chance at all.

Hope I'm wrong but, at this point, the odds are definitely against the Niners to make it to the playoffs this year. Oh well . . .

Last edited by SSW; 11-28-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 1