View Single Post
      02-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
I'm a previous owner of a Accord sedan V6 05' . It was a great saloon and it served me well . Nevertheless after almost 6 years of driving a sedan, it was time for me to jump into the ''two door ship'' aka coupe as now I could afford it. I'm not that rich but hey this is a huge leap for me.

I really wanted a 335i but for some special reason, it was around $10-12K more then a Corvette. I didn't even consider the M3 because it was around $35K more then a vette. I think BMW's agent AGMC here in the Emirates, are also charging for the free maintenance service. You would call them greedy and unfair but hey, I don't blame them as they have the sole agency for BMW for UAE(except Abu Dhabi). So if it were me in their place I too would jack up the prices.

Anyway, I had narrowed it down to Camaro SS or a Corvette C6. I sat in the Camaro and it looked great in spite of the cheap interior. But I had a problem. I had to ask my Dad's opinion as I felt it was important.
He found the Camaro to be a real UGLY car
But he spotted the Corvette and wanted to get it for me. I explained to him that the Vette has a really outdated shape, 2seats and its going to get a complete redesign but he stuck to his opinion and added, the camaro doesn't look decent. The Corvette looks a lot better then Camaro.

I really respect my father so I decided that his opinion counts. I knew I was going to lose a lot on this car when I sell it off after 3-5yrs but it didn't matter. The car looks and sounds right to me as well. So I pushed the pedal and went for it. And all I can say is HOLY TORQUE....this car is a monster!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know it was that quick and it is so much better then the Camaro.

I thought my dad didn't know squat about cars but after this decision, I admit, I'm glad I was wrong.
You open this thread with "So I bought a 11' covette!", and include, "But he spotted the Corvette and wanted to get it for me."

Nice car, but forgive me for being mislead.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0