View Single Post
      05-04-2008, 03:31 AM   #3
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
For CURRENT softwares and games, E8400 gets higher speed ratings in almost every aspect. Not by much, but noticible.

In my opinion, eventually many softwares and games will be developed based on quad configuration soon. It will be much better in everyway once these developers use all 4 quads. I bought my Q6600(G0 step) because of the research i've done plus there are AWESOME deals out there these days for Q6600. You always gotta look ahead when you buy processors, because its just matter of time(little) until new things start showing up and it spreads fast like an outbreak.

If you check out benchmark testing, you'll be amazed when you see comparison test between programs that uses all four processors. Quad processor KILLS duo. A little obvious but good to see nonetheless. Q6600 was on a losing streak to E8400 until that specific test. The difference was so huge, it made up my mind. Q6600 for near future(and most bang for the buck currently). If speed difference between Q6600 and E8400 for current was minimal, the difference for the near future was HUGE.

If you are my type of guy, who uses the desktop for decent amount of time once you buy it(2yrs) and slowly upgrade here and there, the Q6600 is the way to go. Otherwise, top of the line Core2Duo will treat you better. for now.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0