View Single Post
      07-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #114
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

I hope BMW people are looking at this thread. Enthusiasts are a small group but a very vocal one. We can often sway our friends (potential buyers) towards or away from certain cars.

I'm not very impressed by BMW's recent decision to stop building true bespoke engines for M cars. The next M3/4 will have a version of N54/55? And much hyped 1M has only an N54 engine.

And the M Performance line. Don't get me started! Splat M logos all over the body panels of non-M cars, so unsuspecting buyers think they are getting into an M. The 4 series coupe M sport package has an M logo on the fender like the Z4M??

Copying Audi's strategy to cover every single niche, actually not just existing niche, but by making up niches like the 5 and 3 series GT?? Who will buy those? I live in OC where there is as many BMWs as camrys. But I've seriously only seen the 5GT 3 times since its introduction. That should tell you how many units they are moving.

Bring the damn 3 series wagons in 335 trim! And the 1 series hatchback. If BMW is copying Audi's strategy, then copy it properly. Bring something to compete with the A3 hatchback.

Sorry for the rant. I have much more but this is good for now. Seriously, BMW, read this thread!!!
Appreciate 0