View Single Post
      10-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #1030
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post
Trust me, it's not worth it. Things may seem shitty (especially with depression), and it probably seems hard to find joy in anything. You may feel completely alone most of the time, but truth be told, you're not. I've thought about suicide a couple of times in the past. But when you break everything down, it just isn't worth it. Hell, you can always drop everything and just go live out in nature or travel by foot/car/whatever across the nation. Meet new people, enjoy the beauty in this world. Or find a new career path, find new things to do in your current career. Try new things. Make a list of all of the things that are awesome in life, things you can possibly do. Take up a new sport or hobby. There are literally so many good things and great experiences out there, but if you take your own life away, you'll never ever get the chance to do those things.

One of my former best friends comitted suicide earlier this year. And even though we had fallen out a couple of years back, it still hit me pretty damn hard and made me re-evaluate everything. He had so many opportunities, so many people who cared about him, whether he knew or believed it or not. Life is so precious. And I guarantee you that no matter what you're going through now, it is only temporary. And you've got plenty of good times and experiences coming your way, whether you know it or not.
Thank you, Revartr. You sharing your own thoughts and personal experience and struggle with life really goes a long way in helping others during their struggles.

I have thought about exactly what you mentioned like dropping everything and going to a secluded location in some random part of the world. Not sure what has been stopping me from doing that...

Even in the past when thinking of committing the act, I still took pleasure in the little things like music, driving/riding my training and my very small circle of friends. Not sure what happened, but now I don't get excited about the things I used to enjoy and subconsciously I seemed to have separated myself from everyone. Of course I still go to work but that's about it. It takes so much strength and energy just to walk out my door in the morning.

When I have a friend/company during a weekend when I'm not working, I only accept the company because they basically insist on coming over. Lovely ladies, but if they decided to stop seeing me, I really don't care one way or the other.

I will consider your advice and maybe look into something new that may trigger a motive to start enjoying myself. Thanks once again for taking the time to acknowledge my struggle. Mentally and physically I'm your typical loner/tough guy that never asks for help, but you definitely provided me with a helping hand in my time of need. Thank you.