View Single Post
      07-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
TMNT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP

2008 Cadillac CTS

We've talked about the G37, IS & ISF, C class, and many other cars comparable to the 3 series. But we hardly if ever talk about the upcoming 2008 CTS.

I must say that this car is a vast improvement over the previous generation both inside and out.

With an engine that produces 304hp out of a 6 cylinder and still uses 87 octane gasoline is a definate plus in my book. While I do not know the mpg for city and highway driving, I would imagine that is around 21/28 or better.

Has anyone else looked at this car? I think one in black would look badass. Will it out handle a 335 or G37? Probably not a chance in hell, but will it ride pretty damn nicely? No doubt.

A couple things I cannot understand why Cadillac would do it. First no push button start. Second no bluetooth......or at least that's what is seems like so far.

A couple things that are awesome:

The new CTS will get some of the suspension, steering, and braking from last years CTS-V.

It will also come with the Gracenote MusicID database. For those that don't know what it is google it and you'll be amazed.

6 speed manual will be available.

There will also be an all wheel drive version.

The CTS will also include LEDs from Visteon and will also sport one of the industry's first LED backup lights. Interior lights are awesome!

Concerns:

Starting price for the 304 hp engine is around 34K, but it seems that if you want options, you may be forced to get a huge package which could cost you as much as 8K like seen with the Lexus IS. It doesn't seem like you have an al la carte option like BMW.

Videos:

Running footage:

About the lights:

Edmunds video with nice close ups and detail:

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0