KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
NJ Grand Prix off the calendar for 2013

Can't say I'm totally shocked but if they could build an entire circuit from scratch in about a year, why couldn't they get it together for a street circuit?

Quote:
F1: Ecclestone Confirms New Jersey Off 2013 Schedule
Bernie Ecclestone says organizers of the GP of America in New Jersey 'couldn't get everything ready in time' for 2013...
Adam Cooper | http://www.speedtv.com | Posted October 19, 2012 Balen (BEL)

Bernie Ecclestone has confirmed that New Jersey will not host a F1 race in 2013, and that the inaugural event will be postponed by a year.

The news – first revealed by SPEED.com Thursday – will be formally announced by the mayors of Weekhawken and West New York on Friday.

Organizers had lagged behind in obtaining the necessary permit and arranging resurfacing work.

“They've run out of time,” Ecclestone told Reuters. “There's all sorts of things ... and they didn't quite think it all through. They've had a wake-up call but the wake-up call came too late.

“They couldn't get everything ready in time. That's the bottom line.”

The race is unlikely to be replaced, which means there will be 19 events next season.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0