View Single Post
      04-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
jay spec
Rep
Drives: a 7-seater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
Everything bose is over priced crap.. You pay for the marketing..

If you want the best in ear headphones check out shure. I have had the E4c for a few years now and have not found anything better in terms of quality and sound quality, including the bose IE and even the bose quiet comfort. NOw I think they call what I have the SE4 or something on shures site, basically a newer upgraded version of what I have.
the se500/530's are my favorite from shure. not really a fan of the pth module, but the earphones themselves are great. unfortunately, last i checked, they were also shure's most expensive offering for iem's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Bose IE = Worst I have ever had.

Xtrememac FS1; 9/10, but expensive ($150 retail, though you can find them on Ebay for almost half).

Shure E2C; Overrated, no bass, and uncomfortable for extended use.

Currently I have V-Moda Vibe (designed for the iPhone). Comfortable, excellent bass reproduction, excellent quality materials. I do believe they make a non-iPhone version as well.
my experience with the vibes have been that they are very bass-oriented. unfortunately, the materials/construction is not the best...but who knows, maybe they've improved since i last tried them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
If you're looking at sure you might as well go a bit higher for a much better earphone. Ultimate Ears 4tw. (No I don't have them as I don't like in-ear headphones, but I've heard nothing but great things) www.ultimateears.com Goes all the way from $70 generic phones to $1150 custom molded 3 driver phones. The cheapest molded ones are $700 now apparently, they used to have a set that was $400 .
much better is subjective. ultimate ears and shure cater to the same market as far as universal fit iem's go. in this respect, i much prefer shure's offerings over those from ultimate ears. it would not be a fair comparison between custom and universal fit, as those are two different markets.

Appreciate 0