05-15-2007, 02:14 AM   #15
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhwik View Post
i got a question for ya, i live in Canada, all we know is that our country's troops are in A'stan as well, and all we see on TV is when some soldiers can bombed by booby traps or when they are kicking the Taliban's ass on national television, heres my question for you soldiers who actualy fought there....

How much killing/shooting does an average allied soldier there do in a week long patrol?? Do you shoot at enemy everyday, maybe even more frequent???

i know Canadian troops are in Kandahar, suppose to be one of the more dangerous regions in A'stan, and sorry for asking such a silly questions
You don't get into as many firefights as you'd think. Most times we would go on a long patrol and not see anything the whole time except for a whole lot of dirt and rocks. However, other times guys would be in constant contact right off the bat.

Thats the dangerous part, is the long periods of time you would go without having to fire your weapon, then all of a sudden you are in the fight of your life. You never know when its going to happen. When nothing happens is when we would have to be extra alert. Because if someone were to let their guard down/get lazy it could end up getting a friend/friends hurt or killed.

We would go most times weeks in between battles. Some would be a major coodinated attack, house raid with Special Forces teams on a HVT (High Value Target), Ambush, IED, bombing, or just one or two idiots taking shots at us with an AK or RPG and end up getting themselves blown apart by a .50 cal.

You usually have more downtime and boredom than excitement and/or scary firefights thats for sure. At least in the 'Stan.