View Single Post
      03-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #25
spiike32
Major
Rep
Drives: Mineral White F80 M3

The 3g TL-S is by far the best TL for looks and performance. I would know, since I owned a 2007 TL-S and drove it to 100k miles in 3 years until I got the 335i. (Drove from Chicago to Des Moines every other weekend).

I have a small review about it floating around somewhere on these forums, but the gist is that for what it is... it's a great car. Yes there is slight torque steer, but nothing uncontrollable (its actually quite predictable), and it feels like a heavy sedan. The TL-S was supposed to feel similar to a bimmer in that the steering is tight, and everyday handling is like 90% of my 335. There are some mods that kinda help and you can bring the whp to around 300 fully modded. It is also much roomier than the 3 series.

That said the 335i blows the car out of the water. Handling is better, power is better (especially modded), fit and finish of the interior is better (my leather seats were cracking after 3 years and that was with conditioning each year), there were no fold down seats on the TL-S, everyone questions why does the car have a tape deck, and the platform dates from 2004-2009 and is now a bit dated. The 335i with snow tires outhandle the TL-S with all seasons in the winter so out goes the theory that fwd is better in the winter. Acurazine.com is a good community.. just don't go in the "what will your next car be" thread because maybe 80% of the people say bmw.

That said, only reason I took the car to the dealer was for oil changes and free carwashes since my car was titanium silver. Also the nav was great and much better than the prelci e90/92.

In response to one of the earlier responders, the suspension is different in the TL-S and it is much firmer than the regular TL. You can't compare the two.

Hope that helps.

Current: Tesla Model 3 Performance Retired: F80 M3, FBO 335i, 318ti, C7 Stingray

Last edited by spiike32; 03-28-2011 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0