View Single Post
      11-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #25
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

I bought a T2I this year and for the most part I am very pleased with it. I used the kit lens for a week and then ordered a nifty fifty and also a Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM from amazon for my general purpose / walkabout lens.

after a few thousand shots I have ended up with some mixed results, I've taken some shots that I love, many that I don't like as much, and some that are just plain bad.

I'm also a novice so I'm sure there are a lot of images that I could have taken better if I were composing the shots now rather then just after I purchased it and are no fault of the equipment I'm using. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase as an amateur who was looking to get their feet wet without emptying their wallet. I would recommend going to amazon and taking a look at the sample pictures people will attach to the product to get a feel for what a body/lens is capable of. Also most lenses and bodies have Flikr groups which do about the same. I would look over a few hundred images of each before buying anything.

The video from the T2i I haven't had a chance to mess with too much yet. For some reason the files end up being absolutely HUGE. I think a 3 minute video was over 1gb. I tried taking it at a slower frame rate and resolution, but it had little effect. I'm sure there is a way to fix this I just haven't tried it out. Also, no auto-focus. Not that it's a huge deal but it's not a replacement for a HD camcorder in my opinion.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0