10-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #69
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
The fact that you cite the NY and Seattle times is not ad hominem at all. Again, if you were AT ALL open to basic economic principles, the inherently misaligned incentives in such organizations are enough to make anyone reasonably skeptic.
Wow, there's an ironic statement.

First off, I really don't read/trust any of those a whole lot. But the facts presented in those links can be found in a variety of sources - take your pick. I actually went out of my way to find mainstream sources for those links to avoid the "wacko blogger" internet argument defense tactic (which you basically employed on the radio show host anyway).

So, the Seattle Times article for example was based on data from the Census Bureau. Would you consider that a reasonable source? Simply slamming the source as unreliable out of hand and not addressing the content of the article proves nothing.

But I do agree with you that we have our separate opinions. Honestly, I bet if we sat down for a beer we'd probably have a hell of a conversation. I really doubt you're the type to call someone an idiot to their face over a simple disagreement on economics. Otherwise you would have had a very short career. But the internet provides us all a chance to put on the Rambo suit, and you have lots of posts and friends here so I get that.

In the end, time will prove one of us right. Personally I think we're looking at the fall of Rome part 2 in some form or fashion (beyond just economics) within our lifetimes. The shit is coming from way too many angles for something to not eventually give.

And I honestly feel sorry for those that don't see it coming.

Peace.
Appreciate 0