View Single Post
      03-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #15
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

I agree with both of you. You can take that argument you made for Button last year and apply it to some of Schumacher's past wins. I remember back in 2000, when the seal finally broke, being both utterly happy and disappointed at the same time that his championship was won because of pit strategy... (remember, japan?).

So you are right, he is not less of a World Championship if he beat them in that particular year. Just like the people who used to say, is Schumacher really that good, or are the rest just not as good (let's not go there...). Either way, I think my personal frustration with Button is that I was his fan when he came up to Williams... and he just never delivered (or had the cnahce), and when he did, it was a bit of an anti-climax?

Given that I have the can opener in my and... Hamilton... now, him, I don't like, plainly put. But the kid is fast... I was never sold on his talents until recently. He IS fast. Obnoxious and PR-prepped? You betcha.. but fast. Is he a legend? I'll reserve my judgement till 2020...

p.s. just to clear things up,I thought I was going to be part of the tifosi this year now that they have Alonso, but Schumacher's return is just all I can think of... old habits die hard I guess. Happy F1 watching everyone!
Appreciate 0