12-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #162
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Kobe was on fire. Some of his turnovers were when he was trying to split the double teams and is adjusting to a broken finger on his dominant right hand. You take the good with the bad and in his case the positives outweigh the negatives more often than not.

A bigger issue of concern IMO is Andrew Bynum's tendency to play harder on offense than he does on defense. His lack of rebound as of late has been pretty awful. Artest had plenty of looks (which was one of the players you indicated). Gasol and Bynum didn't have that many though. Some of it was by design by Chicago, some of it was the Lakers not passing the ball to them enough.

When he shoots over 50%, then he has a license to shoot all he wants. His presence alone opens it up for other players. He shot 58% last night! A couple of his shots were bail out shots and one of them was a half court heave. Take those away and he's by far shooting over 60%. Did you notice that Jon Salmons was pretty ineffective? Kobe gave him fits all game and forced him to be in foul trouble.

Let's plot it out: Kobe had 11 misses.
Reverse layup - Blocked Noah
Fadeaway - missed
Jumpshot - missed
3 Pt shot - Blocked Hinrich
3 pt - missed
Layup - Blocked Miller
3 pt shot missed - Half court shot with .1 left
3 pt missed
Jumpshot missed
Jumpshot missed
Layup blocked

So 4 shots were blocked, at least one was a foul from what I recall that wasn't called. 1 was a last second heave. I think when you are that hot you should be given the benefit of the doubt there.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0