Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon32 View Post
No the OP is on the right track, I believe the version you get from Microsoft is still the pre-release. The RTM is the release to manufacturer (final version), so that companies like dell and such can pre-load the final release of Windows 7 on PC's.

Been using that version and its great, you just have to use an activation patch that temporarily activated the copy of windows until February of next year, you can do windows updates and use it just like you would if you bought it. February of next year you need to type in a legit CD key or it locks. (Or you can crack it)

But I dont even bother cracking Windows OS anymore, Microsoft finally got smart and just made it super annoying to crack Windows machines and I dont have the patience or time to deal with little things like that anymore.

Either way, sent you a PM.
Thanks Daemon32. So that activation patch you sent me is only good till Feb of next year?

Also, how big are the .iso's (I'm assuming the torrents are for ISO's). I've heard the 64bit should be like 3GB and the 32bit (x86) should be 2.3GB.
Appreciate 0