07-31-2009, 06:47 AM   #53
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Engine:
-Better in every way save for fuel economy. Much more responsive, revs higher, revs harder, very linear.

Transmission:
-Paddles don't travel enough imo.
-Shift lag is very noticeable unless you're going WOT. More throttle seems to speed up shift times.
-Can't stack commands i.e. no double shifting.
-You can hold the left paddle down and it'll hunt for the lowest possible gear. Neat feature, and it leads to multiple loud-ass crackling downshifts.

Ride (compared to stock RFT/ZSP):
-Body control is tighter, but it's no sports car.
-Bumps feel less harsh; Credit probably goes to the RFTs. Similar ride quality once those are ditched.

Exterior:
-Subjective, but I'll say that it has more on-road presence for sure.

Interior:
-Smoother leather.
-Hard dash plastics. I don't mind it that much.
-COMAND system is better than iDrive 1.0. I also like the feel of the knob more, including iDrive 2.0's revised wheel (which I personally think sucks ass).
-Seats are INFINITELY better in every way. If you're fat then you won't like em. They fit me perfectly. So snug.
-Steering wheel feels natural in my hands, but the materials are pretty hard. The buttons on the steering wheel themselves aren't as well thought out imo.
-Sound system lacks bass BIG time. Also, no EQ menu.

Exhaust:
C63>>>335i. Game. Set. Match.

Oh, and in terms of tire mileage, it's absolutely terrible. Don't expect anymore than 6-10k with moderate driving. If your driving habits border anything along the lines of aggressive, then expect something on the lower end of that estimate.
Wow; you're right on with your comparison, except you for got to say that the C63 AMG is a complete MONSTER right out of the box (and for another $1,495 for a Kleemann ecu flash, it turns into a >500HP BEAST)!!!! BIG 451HP power with BIG 443 lb-ft TQ, and the sounds that emanate from its 6.2L v8 + quad AMG exhaust...OMG!!!

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 07-31-2009 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0