Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy330xi View Post
The only people that can spot bike on the road are other bikers. Other than that we don't exist to regular drivers.
Here is a picture of the article that came out the next day after the accident on a german newspaper. The article basically talks about how people is not aware of bikes. Riders are finally taking their bikes out after a long winter sleep. It also goes on to tell drivers to be careful and try to be more aware, that bikes are out there and they need to be looking for them.
That's crazy you made the paper. It is good that they're writing about that.

I try to make sure bikers know I notice them. I've had more than a hand full notice that I notice and give me the head shake thanks, wave, etc. A couple of guys have even pulled wheelies as a thank you. My uncle has been thrown over more than a couple of cars because they weren't paying attention, my dad witnessed it once.

I think people who are into cars or grew up around bikes tend to have a greater respect for others on the road. Most of us anyway.

I have had a group of bikers scare the living shit out of me before. I saw them coming up behind me in the distance driving very stupidly. One guy went to my left, one to my right. The guy that went to the right missed hitting my car by less than a foot.
Appreciate 0