View Single Post
      01-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #40
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
For the same reason that I would consider purchasing a 135i over a 128i: driving enjoyment.

There are a lot of people who, all else being equal, would prefer to spend less on fuel, period. It isn't an apples-to-apples comparison to take a 123d and compare it to a Prius any more than you should compare a 335d to a Toyota Camry. They aren't in the same market segment. The Prius is a pure driving appliance to maximize fuel economy. The 123d promises a fun driving experience with darn good fuel economy numbers as well. This is important to me, as I buy vehicles and keep them for years, and something tells me that this Indian Summer of gas prices we're enjoying right now is not going to last very long at all.

And I hardly think that being in the market for a $25k - $35k MSRP vehicle puts one in the category of "ultra-rich celebrity".
The extra money required for the Prius hardly pays for the savings in fuel costs.

There are probably more Prius's sold in California than anywhere else in the US, and it's not because we're tree-huggers or trying to save money.

In order to encourage people to drive hybrids California law gives hybrids cart-blanch in the car-pool lanes.
Appreciate 0