View Single Post
      08-20-2008, 04:03 AM   #1
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

For WaMu account holders...

How many of you actually closed your WaMu account and went with a different bank or at least open another account with a new bank and now have 2 accounts?

I recently saw an ad for high yield saving rate of 3.75 APY with an opening of a new checking account with WaMu. It's by far the best offer of any bank and probably rival that of online ones as well. You only need to deposit a minimum of $1, which is a lot less than BofA's $5,000 minimum limit. Some people say that it's a sign that rates will slowly climb up since they hit around 1 several yrs ago. And some other see it as a cry from WaMu.

I'm thinking of opening a BofA checking account and use that as my 'primary' account. I'll still leave my WaMu account open as I have fees that are directly linked to that account each month. But I will have most of my money in the BofA. That features where they round up the debit purchases and put it into your savings sounds cool too.

What about you guys, have you switched or will ride out with WaMu? I know it's debateable that if you have under $100k you will be OK. But some questions if the FDIC have the fund to have up such a big company like WaMu. And I believe they can take up to 20 yrs to return the money.

I don't have hundred of thousands of dollars at my disposal or anything, but it's still a nice chunk of change and I want to do what I can to 'protect' it and make it grow.
Appreciate 0