Thread: Carplay Coding
View Single Post
      04-28-2024, 01:50 PM   #4
MaverikDS
Rep
Drives: 14 X5 35d; 16 GLE 300d

I appreciate your answers so far. I know it's possible to get carplay. I want to know if I can code it in myself using esys rather than paying a 3rd party for their software or providing it via usb to me. If I install the wifi antennae can I just code in the appropriate option and then hit the appropriate ECU/module. If so what code is that and what module(s) need to be done?

Part of the problem is my Mom lives in Hawaii and I'm on the mainland. Asking her to check anything through the idrive is like asking her to learn a new language. Asking her to take her phone and facetiming me to walk her through the process results in her covering the camera with her hand or not being able to show the screen and manipulate it at the same time which is just too much for her. In all fairness I'm looking at doing this for other family members when visiting/using the car not because she cares. Figure if it's easy I'll order the wifi antennae and just bring my computer/enet cable when I visit her next.
Appreciate 0