Thread: Leaving BMW
View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 02:31 PM   #1
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Leaving BMW

After 9 years and two BMW's, a new 2015 320i M-Sport and a pre-registered 2019 420i GC M-Sport, I have put a deposit down on a 4 month old Mercedes CLA 200 AMG line Executive (facelift model), and picking it up on Saturday.

My 420i is going in part exchange. I will be sorry to see the BMW go, but thought I needed to sell it whilst it had some equity if I ever wanted to have a new(ish) car again.

When buying again, I was also conscious of having to pay £600 a year road tax for 5 years, if I went over the £40k list price, which will keep going up year on year.

BMW's have got ridiculously expensive too, and I am fed up changing the winter wheels and tyres over twice a year, I am getting too old for that.

I test drove the car today and performance wise, it felt similar to the 420i, which I was more than happy with. It also has a very nice interior with plenty of up to date tech.

I will no doubt look in on this site from time to time as it has been a great source of information and a shared love of cars.