View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 10:45 AM   #3
Thunderguts
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almuliman View Post
Mine's slowly developing a seep at just over 90K / 10.5 years. Nothing urgent at all, but I'm not looking forward to doing it.
Other than being messy, a small leak might not be a cause for concern. Mine has been weeping for at least 3-4 years and the oil was never noticeably lower when I changed it. The leak had gotten a little worse lately, but I would still call it a heavy weep, rather than a dripping leak. My old Prelude had a slight drip for years and years until the gasket suddenly let go and spewed out all my oil on my way to the post office.

I decided to change it while the weather was cool. The whole process took me 2.5 days. I jacked up the car and installed the engine brace and a few other things on Saturday. I worked on it from 12-7 on Sunday, and another 2-3 hours on Monday. It wouldn't have been that bad, except that I get nauseus when lying flat under a car. That made things 10x worse.

I would consider a car creeper a necessity for this job. You'll appreciate it the 30th time you need to roll out from under the car to get something.
Official BMWP Whore - BMWP suspension kit w/ M3 arms, BMWP big brake kit, BMWP intake w/Mishimoto tube, BMWP exhaust, BMWP carbon strut brace, BMWP short shifter, and BMWP carbon spoiler. OZ Leggera HLT w/ 245 square setup.

Appreciate 1
Almuliman511.50