View Single Post
      04-23-2024, 10:50 AM   #24356
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

My brother bought a 335d from a forum member a few weeks ago. Incredible car in every sense, Alpine white with saddle dakota interior, M-sport package, comfort access, cold weather package, premium package, etc.

I finally got the chance to drive it this past weekend and I love this thing, has me thinking of getting one for myself now. No manual like my 330 but as a sporty yet comfortable car to drive everywhere ever day this is excellent, close to 40MPG too! The emissions stuff is all intact except the EGR blockoff, and it's all working fine. I believe the DEF/SCR tank was already replaced under warranty at some point.

As for the subject of this post, I did some coding for him. Coded out the seatbelt warning chimes, idrive disclaimer, uncorrected speed on the KOMBI, foglights on with highbeams and low beams, disabled headlight washers, and a few other minor things. We also flashed the transmission with xHP and it significantly improved the driving experience. I'm definitely a MT person, but these ZF6 autos really aren't bad for an automatic.

I also drove the car a bunch. Going 55MPH stomping the gas pedal and breaking traction is fun.
Appreciate 5