View Single Post
      04-04-2024, 06:44 PM   #1
Jay0Hx
Aircraft Avionics Engineer
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335D

Angry E92 335D 2008 Passenger side total audio loss.

I have a weird case on my hands, the car is booked into for diag but i'm hoping to fix this issue before this date to save some money.

About the car:
E92 335d 2008 - BASE audio system (2 front speakers, 2 under-seat subs and 2 rear speakers, no amp.)

The issue at hand:
I have recently upgraded the speakers in both my drivers side and passenger side to a focal setup (tweeter retrofit.) the upgrade works perfectly on the drivers side, great sound etc... but during the install process I have noticed that the passenger side sub, tweeter and mid have no sound.

Diag steps taken:
1. I have tried 3 different speakers in the passenger door so i can confirm the speaker is not at fault.

2. I have removed my Mr12volt system entirely to rule out that being at fault. that did not make a difference.

3. I have noticed that If I unplug my passenger side sub the passenger speaker creates a loud squeeling sound that's almost trying to match the music which tells me the wiring is getting some kind of signal?

The weird thing is, from the fault finding I have carried out, it would point to potentially an amp issue but as my car does not have an amp I am totally stumped...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0