03-23-2024, 01:09 PM   #10
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris55552 View Post
WOW, talk about an awesome ride. Looking at your suspension upgrades you have listed it has to be phenomenal and razor sharp in terms of steering. I cant imagine what benefits the m3 components bring to our generation of 3 series, Ive never driven an m3 and its probably better I dont, but damn those things are just so dialed in in terms of steering, suspension and driver focus. Test driving one like an e46 m3 would rip my heart out having to leave without owning it. I think thats what im going to go with. I reached out to strutmonkey with coilover recommendations and they actually suggested the konis with the eibach springs just like yours so im convinced thats a winning formula. If only I had known before buying my e90 coupe the limitations imposed by having the xdrive system, but the beauty of these forums is so many enthusiast, many with intelligent minds and passion for bmw's and driving have come up with ways to circumvent the xdrive and still upgrade them to a certain extent. I appreciate the feedback you provided, im excited and looking forward to getting them now
Yeah the ride is great. It's razor sharp and rcomfortable. A lot better then my brothers e46 M3.

Make sure you get proper SHORT bump stops. I know Strut Monkey is accommodating, definitely a special order.

And for the rear you can do M3 arms. Solid subframe bushings, and white line trailing arm bushings.

Front: i believe you can get upgraded OEM arms from fcp and ecs that aren't M3 style.. Good luck!
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0