03-17-2024, 09:57 AM   #917
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
Just so I'm getting this right.

Verstappen with some F1 experience, can't beat Ricciardo, a mid field racer at best, in their couple of years together and crashes out on a regular basis.

Hamilton beats 2 time champion Alonso (widely regarded as one of the best in recent years) in the same car that he had a handful of laps experience in, at tracks he mostly hadn't driven on using whatever car set up Alonso was using (up until Silverstone when Alonso refused to share his set up data with Hamilton any more).

And that makes Verstappen a naturally talented driver and better than Hamilton.
I guess that if you are a big enough fan and only started watching F1 after Verstappen started you could convince yourself that could be true.

But better than Senna!... I can't take anyone who believes that at all seriously.

Wait what? Ham got so much seat time in the Mclaren before he got there as there were no testing restrictions then. His experience in that car was vast compared to say Max or any other current gen guy who barely gets a look at a car let alone immense testing time. They're lucky if they get a half dozen laps. It's also been said they were giving Ham upgrades to favor him at Mclaren that Alo never got. Let's also not forget that Ham received supreme support and even favoritism his entire career. I mean even lance stroll looked great in the early formulas when he had a clear advantage over everyone. Ham is one of very few drivers (maybe the only driver) you could say who got a top tier (top 3 car on the grid) car every year of his career, and could never do much to win without the car being the best by a clear head and shoulders margin and still lost to Ros who we all know was barely an average driver.
Max went to RB and beat Ric 60% of the time with little to no experience and Ric was a 5 year veteran and one of the faster guys at that time (remember what he did to Vet who was by all means the best in F1 at the time?). Max also drove that car to top 5 finishes and better when in reality it was, most of the time, a top 9 or 10 finisher. You don't do that if you dont have supreme driving ability and talent.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 03-17-2024 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 4