View Single Post
      03-17-2024, 04:36 AM   #911
Sneaky Pete
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
In the video below you can hear Senna himself saying what Prost recounted in Dec 2021. Prost was not inventing that 1988 anecdote. So, yes, we can rely on what was said by both Prost and Senna instead of rewriting history to fit a personal narrative.
I wasn't suggesting that Prost didn't say Sennas overconfidence made him dangerous...I was saying that whatever Prost said about Senna has to be seen through the prism of his bitter rivalry with Senna.

Compared to Senna, Prost was at the other end of the driving spectrum, he was a very talented but cautious driver.
Senna was easily the most naturally gifted driver of modern F1...but his pass or crash style of driving made him somewhat unpopular with some other drivers. I was a Prost fan at the time and didn't like Senna but I was realistic about his prodigious talent

His debut in the crapbox Toleman in 1984 was really impressive...the car broke most of the time but when it made it to the flag, Senna managed 3 podiums and a 7th. It was obvious to everyone at the time just how special Senna was.

Unsurprisingly this sub-forum contains a high proportion of Verstappen fans, so I guess its unsurprising the level of support he gets.
Shame though that few have the benefit of being long term F1 fans....which tends to give a more objective perspective.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3636.50