Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
Just so I'm getting this right.

Verstappen with some F1 experience, can't beat Ricciardo, a mid field racer at best, in their couple of years together and crashes out on a regular basis.

Hamilton beats 2 time champion Alonso (widely regarded as one of the best in recent years) in the same car that he had a handful of laps experience in, at tracks he mostly hadn't driven on using whatever car set up Alonso was using (up until Silverstone when Alonso refused to share his set up data with Hamilton any more).

And that makes Verstappen a naturally talented driver and better than Hamilton.
I guess that if you are a big enough fan and only started watching F1 after Verstappen started you could convince yourself that could be true.

But better than Senna!... I can't take anyone who believes that at all seriously.
Where did you get Hamilton only did a handful of laps in the MP-4 22? That is false LOL.

You have to factor in that prior to 2009 testing by all, rookies included, was virtually unlimiited compared to 2009 up to the present which is severely limited in comparison.

And Ricciardo THEN was absolutely not a mid-fielder at best. His form then was up there. He even beat Vettel at Red Bull before Vettel left for Ferrari.

Last edited by Autobacs; 03-16-2024 at 08:40 PM..
Appreciate 2