United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i M Sport

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
Liberty Mutual increased my rate by $1700 for this coming year so I am shopping around. One agent got me a good deal for $4k for Progressive while another agent told me progressive doesnt insure BMW in New York
Shop Shop Shop. Go with a preferred risk insurance provider if applicable. Many companies will offer around a 10% discount if you pay your policy in full. Consider increasing your deductible.

State Farm offered me a 35% increase for my renewal. I laughed. Told him he'd never see a penny of that money and reminded him that I don't need to wait until my policy expires to switch over to another provider and get the remaining balance of my money back. He offered to do a "re-rate" (using my credit score). I signed the form then he sat on it for the next 4 weeks while he tried to run out the clock on my current policy. I ended up switching and had to call corporate to get the cancellation done when he refused to do it on the day I instructed him to. What a headache. Most insurance companies really just don't care.

FWIW, Progressive refused to offer me a quote (about 8 months ago) whereas 20 months ago they were happy to provide me with one. So there may be some truth to the BMW+Progressive theory. I live out in the PNW.

Good Luck!!!
Appreciate 0