View Single Post
      01-31-2024, 11:10 AM   #75
Schomosport
Rep
Drives: 525i

I assume from the above that you bit the bullet and bought the NOXEM. Can I enquire how long you have had it and the miles covered, any effect on fuel consumption or performance?

My NOXEM code (30DE) arrived at the same time as the HPFP code (29F2) along with others, nostly 3104. Arrived under specific conditions (low rpm, big throttle) and either gave me a yellow light ping with the 29F2 or just ran very rough without 29F2 until I cleared it. Did few hundred miles like that as I tried to determine if I needed to bite the HPFP bullet. Now since 29F2 causes the HPFP to be by-passed and the car to run on the LPFP alone - which it will do quite happily and at quite high speed if that's what you want. However, I don't now how well it manages the mixture under those circumstances and I am just wondering of it has run rich and contaminated the NOX sensor? If not, it is an early life failure since a previous owner had it replaced at about 75k miles (currently 92k).

Anway, I am now running on a rebuilt pump which seems to be working fairly well although it took a couple of attempts, but still getting 30DE (NOX) and 3104 (rough running). I was half hoping that if it was a richness contamination problem then maybe it would burnoff over time but it doesn't seem to be working out like that hence the OEM NOX/NOXEM/don't bother time to choose.

At time of writing, NOXEM is only about £100 less than Cotswold's price for an OEM sensor after carriage and import duty. Alternatively we have the ignore it mode with some loss of performance (?) and higher fuel consumption (?). On a 5 year / 40k mies view, unless I can get something like 10% bettr fuel consumption, ignore it is finacially favourable albeit risking further consequential damage and knackering the ultimate resale value. There's also the issue of dealing with Bimerprofs if the NOXEM is faulty.

I have huge amounts of time for Bimmerprofs based on the huge volume of information they have published and shared, however there are some very disgruntled posters here and elsewhere who have had problems with afftersales where the NOXEM has not performed as expected. Decisions, decisions.

I have logged the data outputs from the NOX on a test run based on Bimmerprofs instructions for testing the NOX sensor, looks like some intermittent data coming out it and some very high ppms which may indicate it is shot but tbh I am not really sure how to interpret it. Time base is milliseconds so that's a ten minute test run.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0