01-16-2024, 11:36 AM   #12935
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
This is probably a terrible post but it was very effective.

On the dating apps I would find ones I liked. Open a word doc and drop their pic and general info under neath. As I called them or met them in person I would add pertinent details. If I called or met them again I'd study their doc so I'd be up on all their personal info. Helped me look engaged and thoughtful.

Next was filtering out dead ends or problem candidates. If they filtered me out that was fine, it will happen most of the time. Had some good wife material come through but ultimately wound up reconnecting with a woman I know years ago.

It was a very efficient system but comes with a few caveats. Don't take you dates to the same watering holes. Be mindful of violent exes, ask about them. Be vague about your residence early on.
See I think this is why I struggled so much with dating in todays age. It's common and acceptable to date multiple at once, or one after another, and with online apps it's so easy to have options. I was not raised this way, I'm a one at a time kind of guy.

TI felt like online dating or when dating multiple at once it's just shopping for whatever you liked the most at the time. It's fast paced, now or never and I never felt like there was ever any real connections. Just hammered with questions that gave no real indication of the person. It wasn't until I stopped looking that I found someone that I actually connected with.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 2