shannon1
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 323i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
It really depends on why you want it updated. If you’re doing it for the bmw apps I found it to be a waste of time. Your money is better spent on an Apple car play/ android auto box.

I’ve done both. The bmw apps and navigation is disappointing to say the least. The 300 Apple CarPlay however …. Worth every cent
Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

After my CIC upgrade, my faulty MULF finally died so I got a COMBOX to replace it and I really wanted to get all the BMW OEM stuff working properly including nav and apps (outdated though they may be, I'm a bit of a stickler like that), but in this case it may not be worth the hassle if I can't find someone who can do it for me for a decent price. I've ordered a cheap emulator for now so at least I can get the nav functional with whatever date maps are currently installed (probably from 2010).

I did look at the Apple Car Play Android Auto but the cheapest I could see at the moment is about AU$500.

I think I may just have to put this off for a while and think about it again next year some time .
Appreciate 0