View Single Post
      12-07-2023, 12:11 PM   #37
simontibbett
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

UPDATE 12/7/2023

So first off I'll briefly tell you all about our recent races in Germany. I raced in the NLS 12H which was a double six-hour weekend (two separate NLS races). It was awesome, day one was also the Red Bull show with Vettel among others. Tons of cool F1 cars, old DTM, V12 LMR, etc.

This go around I was in a FWD BMW! The 128TI which is quite a fun car. On Friday, we did have some handling issues that we sorted for Saturday. It can be a handful but it's no slouch. Hopefully, we can continue to develop it. We finished fourth on Sunday and a few times I had us in the podium spots. The Hyundais are super fast in that class though and even the VWs.

*Looks nasty but the bumper just kept coming loose. We tried duct tape. lol

The following weekend I was entered in the 1000km which is a historic race. This time driving the team's E30 M3. Qualifying went well but unfortunately, my co-driver hit oil and the car was heavily damaged so we did not start. What a joy to drive though even at lower speeds as I learned the car.

Video:

We cheated on BMW with our rental car though:

When I got back we slowly got the E90 back driving-worthy. We went with stock replacement calipers for now and of course new lines. I also replaced the tie rod on the passenger side which melted in the small fire from the summer track day.

We bled the brakes and replaced the fluid with more Motul. I have driven it a few times around to bed the brakes in and just make sure things are good. It feels really good so I'm happy. The car is actually listed for sale but we'll continue with it until it sells if it does. Main reason being I have so much else going on buying a race ready car would have made more sense but the E90 just isn't popular here for race cars like overseas it seems. But E36 and E46 keep popping up for cheap so...

I love this thing though.