11-17-2023, 08:08 AM   #240
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Indeed it may or may not change the outcome.
But I think when 500 million is at stake, there's also the matter of 'reducing risks anywhere you can'.
But we'll see.
They might find a way to solve this is such a manner that no manhole will ever come off (makes you think why they didn't do that in the first place...).
I don't even know if it was the manhole cover, or the manhole cover including the surrounding frame it sits in...

But I think it's pretty safe to say that the aerodynamic pull force coming from the cars/floor/front wing was the cause of the manhole rising up. It's not an external problem I think (like pressure building up in the sewers underneath or so, pushing the manhole up). At least not that I heard.
The air flow through the 'Venturi tunnels " actually work like a vacuum cleaner .

Venturi tunnels on Formula 1 cars are sections carved into the floor of the car, creating a constricted area under the car through which air is accelerated. This accelerated air creates an area of low pressure, and this "effectively creates a suction effect under the car, generating downforce"
Think Sainz was very lucky at that moment , who wants to get a metal drain cover hitting your cars floor at 200 + MPH !

Worst case scenario : This could have been a fatal accident !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61920.00
GuidoK11143.50