Thread: Pet Insurance?
View Single Post
      11-16-2023, 12:47 PM   #28
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Leah had an issue at around age 8. Seems when she jumped off the bed she landed wrong. Initially she was limping, but it progressed over the next 3 days into dragging her ass (literally) We went to the emergency vet, since these things always happen on Friday afternoon. She had collapsed her spine and it was pinching the nerves. Vet came in with news, and 3/4 of us in the room were ready to say goodbye. Tears abounded. My wife then asked for an estimate to do the surgery. Somewhere just north of $10G. OK, bye Leah.
My wife (who doesn't really even like the dog) starts searching around in bank accounts and then tells them to do it. Surgery goes well, but Leah has to stay in a cage there for 3 days. We had to learn how to "juice" her, because her bladder wouldn't empty without manual intervention.

That was close to 3 years ago. Every time we run out to the front yard together, I'm pretty sure she's happy we spent the dough on her.

It took a little scraping, and $ was tight for a month or two, but we/Leah were lucky to be in a position where we could swing it.
dradernh4485.00
vreihen1615617.50
bosstones1188.50