View Single Post
      05-12-2023, 02:28 PM   #40
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by VehementCrom View Post
235,981 KM. For some reason my cluster is in KM now instead of miles so that's fun...
Here is the info you were looking for as far as I can tell, as well as a picture of the cluster lights.
Your INPA Screens (Functional Jobs F4, F! Read Error Memory, ALL Modules shows NO KOMBI (Instrument Cluster) Faults, and NO DSC Faults. So it appears that the Warning Lights on the Instrument Cluster: Brake, ABS, DTC, DSC are NOT actually the result of a Fault in the DSC Module or signals received by it related to Wheel Speed, etc., but rather they are due to faulty K-CAN bus communication between the JBE (Bus Hub) and KOMBI (Instrument Cluster) Module.

I attach (to NEXT POST) ISTA ScreenPrints for your 2005 330i (AZ85827) that show the K-CAN Bus wiring between the KOMBI and JBE, connector locations, & Connector Views, identifying Socket Numbers. Those two wires: (1) Green wire from X11175/6 (Socket #6 of Connector X11175 at rear of KOMBI) to X14272/29 at the JBE (Black Connector), and (2) Orange/Green wire from X11175/7 to X14272/31, carry ALL communications between KOMBI and JBE or other Modules, such as the DME. MOST of the warning Lights are illuminated via signals sent to the KOMBI module via the K-CAN Bus.

You can use INPA to connect to the KOMBI Module (Body | Instrument Cluster), and then Select 'F5 Status' and experiment with Live Data that you can read with Ignition ON (Engine running or NOT running -- doesn't matter). I would encourage you to do that. The "Digital" button tests (F3 Read Digital Status) should FILL the circles while the button is held in an activated position ONLY.

You can't hurt anything "pushing buttons" in F5 Status, as you are just observing the INPUTS received by the KOMBI Module, and you are NOT over-riding DME control, changing any "Settings" in DME, or its Program. Save/Post ScreenPrints of anything that does NOT appear to be working correctly or that you have any questions about. This is basically a TEST to see if normal communications between INPA and KOMBI can be achieved, and you/we will also learn something in the process.

ALSO attached to NEXT POST is an ISTA ScreenPrint showing the DEFINITION of each of the DME Fault Codes your INPA ScreenPrint showed. I would suggest getting MORE Data related to EACH of those Fault Codes, PARTICULARLY CDA8, as follows:
1) Connect to DME (Engine | MSV70 for N52) > F4 > F1 > F3 Read Error Memory with Freeze Frame Data. That INPA screen shows the MOST details related to a particular fault, such as Engine Temp, RPM, Load, System Voltage, etc.

2) View, Save & Post ScreenPrint of that screen for EACH of the DME faults. We are looking for CLUES regarding system conditions at moment fault code was saved.

3) After SAVING all F3 Freeze Frame ScreenPrints, CLEAR the DME Fault Codes and then Start Engine, let it run 5 to 10 minutes, and View/Save a List of any Fault Codes in the DME Module (IF any).

After we see that new data from tests suggested above, we can suggest HOW to access, Clean, & test the K-CAN wiring described above.
George
Appreciate 0