05-09-2023, 07:31 PM   #38
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
... My suggestion would be to do the following:
... (b) other issues, such as warning lights on Instrument Cluster.
2) View/ Save/ Attach ScreenPrints of INPA > Functional Jobs > F4 > F1 Read Fault Memory, ALL Modules (2 screens);
4) Since INPA provides mileage/km at which each fault last saved, please indicate your CURRENT mileage/ odometer reading.
5) Don't worry about translating the German -- just post the ScreenPrint as INPA displays it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VehementCrom View Post
... 1:The lightshow trifecta. If you turn the ignition on(no engine), it will sit there and chime every 20 seconds/cycle the cluster lights/lose cluster input for everything briefly. It will also do this with the engine running, but only at a stop...
I'm mainly concerned about the light show right now.
I followed the screens into the chassis DSC errors and it said there weren't any.
Please provide the items listed in my prior post which you didn't address today:
A) List EACH Warning Light that appears on Instrument Cluster when stopped;
B) View/ Save/ Attach ScreenPrints of INPA > Functional Jobs > F4 > F1 Read Fault Memory, ALL Modules (2 screens);
C) Since INPA provides mileage/km at which each fault last saved, please indicate your CURRENT mileage/ odometer reading.
D) Don't worry about translating the German -- just post the ScreenPrint as INPA displays it.

Please see the attached pdf: INPA Tutorial Quickstart for HOW to view the Functional Jobs > F4 > F1 Read Fault Memory, ALL Modules screen.

ALSO, in your 4/11 Post (#26), you showed Carly had read a CDA8 Fault Code indicating the DME had NOT correctly received an expected message from the KOMBI (Instrument Cluster Module). Has THAT CDA8 fault recurred? Is there any fault read in the KOMBI Module?
George
Attached Images
File Type: pdf INPA Tutorial Quickstart.pdf (591.1 KB, 23 views)
Appreciate 0