View Single Post
      04-06-2023, 04:39 PM   #4
MrBlueSkies
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Ps. DBTW did you read the one about resetting the aging compensation for chocks/module? Not suggesting that that would be an issue here but the topic is interesting, while getting around to buy a tool for the job...
Yes, and I tried that function using my Foxwell reader/tool. It had no effect on the feel of the struts - they remained in the stiff setting. This makes me think that something in the EDC "system" is over riding the instructions from the EDC-K module. The most likely culprit is a failed strut, as I would have thought a failed acceleration sensor and/or broken cable would trigger a fault/code from the module. And a failed module would surely trigger a code. If the valve/solenoid in a strut is simply worn out, and not capable of responding to the signals from the the module, then they all default to the stiff setting. I don't know why, but that seems the most likely explanation. Hence why it would be good to hear from someone who has experienced this and had the problem solved by fitting new struts.
Appreciate 0