View Single Post
      03-21-2023, 08:04 AM   #6669
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
It is carbon fiber although only the last layer is actual carbon fiber. It's mostly fiberglass. But most carbon fiber items are like that in my experience. It's also an ebay lip but for these type of body items, I don't think ebay matters quality wise, they seem to all be built the same way. This is the listing: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/175286984730

Fitment is great if you install it properly which (IMO) is with nuts and bolts. I had so many issues installing this style of lip (My last one was from RW Carbon) on my previous car, tried like most people did, self tapping screws and 2 way tape but it ether slowly came off under high speeds or had a gap up front and wasn't perfectly flush with the bumper. This time around, took off the bumper, bought some squeeze clamps and could perfectly align it to the bumper's shape exactly how I wanted and keep it in place, then drilled my holes. Worked like a charm. A bit of a PITA I must admit to hold the nuts in the recess of the bumper for some of the bolts but I only take it off for winter season.
nicely done - the effort for proper fitment was achieved - looks great!