03-02-2023, 03:39 PM   #22
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
**So, I'm sure everyone has been sitting around with bated breath**

Yesterday was my 5 year anniversary here and I had a meeting with my boss on unrelated items. At the end of our talk I explained it was the best 5 years I have had with one company and I hope for another 15 yrs. I asked if he had the time, I would love to be reviewed sometime this year.
He shot me a weird look and said "you want a review? Here it is".....he drew an A+ on a piece of paper and slid it across the table.

He then proceeded to tell me I was the best bodyshop manager he ever had and how I make his job easy. He then proceeded to say that my play plan was already being reviewed by the executive team and I should know something soon.

I went on to explain how it bothers me when employees come to me on their anniversary and feel entitled to a raise just b/c it was another year of service. He understood and said to relax....everything is in the works already and my services haven't gone unnoticed.

I guess I could have gone in wearing a monkey costume and gotten the same reaction and reply but I wanted to try to be serious and professional.

Thanks for playing
I still hope a crocodile sneaks up and bites your butt when you aren't looking one of these days for all the talk and pictures of how warm and sunny it is where you are (especially bitter right now because I'm in winter), but I'm quite pleased to hear you have something good coming down the pipeline and that they've noticed your efforts without you having to say something.

On an unrelated note, I'm about to be equally bitter about my SIL and her husband moving from Alberta to Florida this year. Now they are also going to be enjoying the nice warm climate. I take some comfort in the fact that they also will have to deal with crocs/alligators and awful snakes that I will not have to deal with. They are moving probably to Lakeland area and operate some airbnbs out of clearwater area, maybe Orlando too.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4506.50