View Single Post
      11-19-2022, 01:36 PM   #56
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I agree with some things and that things are the way they are in the US especially and corporate culture in general. I very much disagree with it continuing though. What is the point of Musk coming in and making enemies with thousands of people? Many who he needs as has been shown by his backtracking on some of this. How does this help anything? Also, study after study has shown that employees with better work life balance are much more productive. I think we are nuts what we ask employees to do in some cases and it is counter productive usually for all involved. Just because something has been done one way forever doesn’t mean it is the right way. And no, a lot of people don’t have a choice and just have to take it for various reasons.

Musk still may turn it around, but he has definitely made it harder for himself and everyone else their that truly wants to stay and turn it around. Again, what is the point of that?
Elon built Tesla with this philosophy and there's probably a good argument it wouldn't be where it is if he hadn't.

He lives and breathes his companies and expects everyone around him to be dedicated to the effort.

I'm not saying I would enjoy working for him - but if you were a Twitter employee and weren't prepared for this and looking for other opportunities that's on them.

As far as work / life balance - that's never been a realistic solution for Tesla to achieve 50% YOY growth which it has done and continues to be their goal.

If you can't take the heat - get out of the kitchen
Appreciate 1