View Single Post
      07-24-2022, 07:26 PM   #357
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Ferrari clowns made also a big mistake with Sainz..

Sainz was overtaking Checo and at the same moment they call him to pit !

Italians ..I just don't get it
We are having 'one Italian at the company , these guys are incredible !

Ferrari : Carlos BOX ...Carlos BOX !!! Confirm to BOX ...
Sainz : NOOOO... NOT NOW !!! NOT NOW !!!
Ferrari : Stay out ....Stay out !!!

WTF !

Having a few hours to reflect on the race I think the team ultimate made the right decision with Carlos but messed up keeping Charles out longer than needed seeing his graining issue and overall the tires were falling off quicker than Max’s.

There was really no chance Carlos would have been able to pull a 5 second gap to keep P3 with that time penalty, he likely either would have gotten re-passed in the last dozen laps or Checo and Russell would have been close enough to knock him back to P5 anyways. His tires were looking awful, so P5 plus the FL point is probably the best achievable result for him.

As for Charles they should have brought him in as soon as Max pitted to cover, you should only keep a driver out if he feels his tires are in a good state concerning wear and being able to continue putting in decent laps. But hindsight’s 20/20 here.

I don’t see Max being challenged the remaining of this year outside of mechanical failures. His pace is the top of the field and he’s gained a mental strength that comes with consistently winning, knowing better how to play the long game and knowing he doesn’t have to win every race. Hopefully next year we get a closer fight if Charles can mitigate his mistakes and the reliability is no longer an issue, Ferrari needs to put most of their remaining 2022 effort into getting this issue resolved.
Appreciate 5
NickyC18946.00
M5Rick66344.00
DrFerry6745.00
NYG11585.50