View Single Post
      07-15-2022, 04:57 PM   #46
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I thought Miami GP the track was one of the better tracks on the calendar. It's not Suzuka or Spa but it's certainly better than at least half the tracks. The way they handled tickets/venue was a bit too much, that I agree with.
I'm not talking about the track itself, although the aspects that were the most intregueing imho were the imperfections in that track (the sharp corner before the straight and that piece of questionable asphalt). For the rest it was nothing special.
I'm talking about the venue itself. The only reason to have a 'street' track is that you can race through a city, giving awesome visual spectacles and deal with its infrastructual challenges. And Miami failed 100% in that.
I mean look at Monaco, where they drive right through the the city, along the harbour, everything. Or look at Baku, driving next to the 1000 year old fortress or along the wide boulevards with beautiful old buildings; the track changes from extremely narrow to extremely wide because it's a 1000 year old city.
Really, Miami was one great letdown as far as F1 races/street circuits go.
An improvised track on a parking lot outside the city...what a treat....
As a street track not good and also certainly nothing special as a dedicated track. In that regard it certainly brought nothing new racewise imho. In that regard COTA is a much more interesting track.
That there's a lot of money in Miami.... well there's also a lot of money in the middle east and that has also resulted in some GP's I'd rather see gone (and for example have Hockenheim back)
The only thing good in Miami was the race result for MAx
For the rest it's only interesting moneywise. But I'm not watching F1 for that.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 07-15-2022 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 2
NYG11051.50